Rhymes with Orange

Nothing rhymes with orange.
Allegedly.
Or purple.
But that's not really true.
Because when I was a kid, I had a puppet.
It was a furry purple puppet.
With orange hair.
And his name was Purple Durple.
So, durple rhymes with purple.
Whoa.
Deep.
I'm really sore today.
On Saturday I scraped paint off of posts.
I crouched down to do it.
I'm too old to crouch, it seems.
Because now I can barely walk.
You shouldn't start a sentence with Because.
That makes it a fragment.
I keep doing it anyway.
Because I like the way it reads.
And because I am the ruler of this blog.
And in my blog kingdom, I do what I want.
Yesterday my coworker sent me a text.
He said, I just ran into your boy Sean.
I used to date this dude Sean and he was a jerk.
I said, did you punch him in the face?
Coworker said No, next time I will.
And I said, Make sure to tell him it's from me.
Ha.
It would be funny if that really happened.
I don't generally advocate violence.
But some people might deserve it.
That guy stole my fake Nintendo, so...
I'm just sayin'.
You know what is good?
Sonoran hot dogs.
You know what is ridiculous?
Sonoran hot dogs.
Hot dogs wrapped in bacon.
So unnecessary.
So delicious.
Sometimes I really love Tucson.
What a strange place. 

Comments

AprilJ said…
I can't even think about Sonoran hotdogs without gagging just a tad.. and my last encounter with them was 20 years ago. In Nogales. With my suite mate (who was insane and an alcoholic). Who loved to eat them when she was imbibing. And then she threw them up. Every time. We're not friends anymore.
AprilJ said…
Oh, and if you want to feel old, I just referred to my college experience occurring 20 years ago. So there. I'm the old one.
Erin said…
Ha! That made me laugh. You were not actually in college 20 years ago. Were you? Surely not...
AprilJ said…
Well, technically, 20 years ago I was preparing to enter college.. like, I had just graduated from HS. Sad but true, sad but true.
Amy Filleman said…
First I laughed at the blog. Then i laughed at the comments. Well done on the humor factor today. Sean should be punched in the face. Hard.
Erin said…
Technically, I didn't ask if he punched him in the face. I asked if he kicked him somewhere else. But I didn't think that was appropriate for all audiences.
GeleeneG said…
Totally unrelated, but April, I just read that Jules Asner, from E!, went to McClintock High School, but I think she graduated before you were there. So, um, yeah, back to punching people in the face.

Popular Posts