I spend a lot of my time at work reading random funny blogs all over the internetz. And then I'm like, I want to write a random funny blog! I will tell an anecdote! And then I remember nothing has happened that is very funny, and I don't have any anecdotes. And then I eat a thousand honey wheat pretzels and feel bad about myself.

I have this big gigantic proposal presentation project due on Tuesday. I haven't started on it. Well, that is a lie. Yesterday I started printing out the cover pages (I will need 8 or 9) but my printer ran out of colored ink after 3 pages. And there is no more ink for that printer. So then I stopped working on it and spent a lot of time ranting to my co-worker about how I requested bids on January 28 and now, like 4 days before the project is due, I am still waiting for the numbers I need to put together the proposal. I think my co-worker got a little scared. He was just like, "Well, we can go to Office Depot..." when really he was probably afraid I was going to try to stab him in the neck with a BiC or something.

One fun thing (fun being used very, very loosely as this is, after all, insurance) that I get to do on projects like this is pit one carrier against another in a sort of bidding war. One carrier will send me numbers and I will be like oh, yeah, well MetLife has this and this and this! And then that guy will be like, I'm going to win this case! And he'll send over a lower rate. And then I'll tell MetLife, uh-oh, Unum is really determined to get the business! And MetLife will lower their rates. And back and forth and back and forth. It's kind of good times, even though I know that we'll present all this to the group and they'll end up being like, eh, we'll stay as-is. And all my work will have been for naught. So that's kind of lame.

I just died a little inside when I realized I am trying to tell you about insurance carrier bidding wars like it is funny, interesting or exciting. For realz. This is a sad state of affairs. I'm going to eat some pretzels now.

Comments

GeleeneG said…
I was digging through my drawer to find a bic to see if it's really called a BiC or if you are crazy. But apparently I don't have any. All I have are PaperMates and Pentels. Actually, I think that should be Paper(little heart over little heard)Mates.

This wasn't very interesting. Sorry. Once 4 difference Chinese food vendors at the mall got in a bidding war over my friends and I purchasing our lunch from one of them.
GeleeneG said…
I went to the website and I see now that their logo shows it as BiC but they call it BIC.

Fun fact: They made BIC perfume in 1988. It only lasted three years, except for in Iran and Russian where it is still made and distributed. Apparently the rest of the world realized that perfume made by a pen and lighter company probably wasn't all that great.

Popular Posts