Things That Make Me Mad (But Shouldn't)

1. When people forward me e-mails that I'm already CC'd on. It's totally not a big deal to just delete the duplicate message, but it irritates me to no end. I'm all, Dude! Can you not see my name right there on the e-mail? I already got this. I ALREADY GOT IT!!! And then I have to stab someone in the neck with a medium point BiC round stic. It is even more awesome when several people forward me the message THAT I ALREADY RECEIVED and I have to go on a mass BiC-ing spree.

2. When people (OK, not really people, this pretty much applies to one certain person, who is not one of you readers, so don't go getting all paranoid) leaves me voicemail messages that say "Hey, it's me, call me back". The thing is, with this person there is never any reason for the call. We both know that. So all I would have to see is that there was a missed call, and I would know to call back. But instead I have to go through the ordeal of checking my messages just to get a "Hey, call me back." I'm pretty sure this is extra maddening because I am in a constant state of semi-annoyedness (you like how I made that a word just now) with the guilty party, and the pointless message is just the cherry on top. So if you have a reason to call, leave it in the message, and if you're just calling to chat, you don't need to leave a message and I will get back to you when I feel like it. Or else I will stab you with a BiC.

3. When people call my home phone. I don't answer my home phone because it is always, always either a wrong number, someone calling to ask for money the firemen/vets/families of police officers/children/alumni association, or a pre-recorded political campaign message. So I tell people, call my cell. And then certain people will just call my home phone anyway. And I won't answer, for reasons mentioned previously. And then those certain people will call my cell phone and be all, I tried calling you at your house but you didn't pick up. And then I stab them through the phone with a BiC. Or, sometimes the home phone will ring at a strange time, like maybe 10:32PM, and I will think, surely no telemarketer would be calling at this time. And I will answer, and it will be someone I know, and then I'll be like dang it! Now they are going to think it is OK to call my home phone! Or else it will be a telemarketer and I'll be irritated at having been tricked into answering, and I will imagine that I am stabbing that telemarketer with a BiC.

4. When people combine #2 and #3. Said person calls my home phone. I don't answer. The person leaves a message- Hey, call me back! Then the person calls my cell phone. I don't answer. Maybe I don't hear it. Maybe I am out doing something- it is possible, after all. The person leaves another message- Hey, call me back! 2 messages! On 2 different phones! For a message that is nothing more than Hey, call me back! So much rage ensues that I cannot even manage a BiC-stabbing.

The moral of the story is that it is Monday and I have a lot of rage and a whole drawer full of medium point BiC round stics, so don't mess with me.

Comments

Adriane said…
You might need to see someone about all that rage. Also, remove any Bic's in a ten foot radius.
AprilJ said…
I hate it when people call and leave a message with a ton of urgency "APRIL! CALL ME BACK AS SOON AS YOU CAN!!". And all they really want to know is what I had for breakfast. Hand me a handful of Bic pens. I can put them to good stabbing use in my life as well.

Popular Posts