A Story About Donuts

A few weeks ago, I came across a cooking blog where the blogger made homemade raised donuts. Yum, I thought. I am going to make those donuts.

Donut making is kind of a 2-day process, so I started the dough one evening after I got home from work. My plan was to finish the donuts the next night, and then take them to work the next day. Then my coworker and I would gorge ourselves on delicious homemade donuts.

Unfortunately, the day after I started the dough, I went home from work sick. I wasn't really so sick I couldn't make and eat donuts, but I wasn't feeling great and I took the opportunite to escape early. But the dough was already made, so I went ahead and finished up the donuts.

As expected, they were delicious. I ate a whole bunch right when they came out of the fryer. Well, not immediately, because then I would've burned my mouth. But I ate them pretty fast.

The next day, I took a few donuts to my coworker. I didn't take any for myself because I didn't want people to be like, wait- you went home sick and now you're gorging yourself on donuts? So that day I did not have any donuts at work.

After that, the donuts got progressively worse. Homemade donuts are really meant to be eaten right away- the sooner, the better. They deteriorate quickly and go from being light little bits of heaven to being heavy, sticky lumps of fried dough that taste kind of weird.

After like 3 days, no one wanted any more donuts. There was still a whole container left, and I just left them on the counter because I didn't feel like dealing with them. (By dealing with them, I mean putting them in the trash. I'm lazy that way.)

Today I opened the container and all the donuts were covered in fuzzy green mold. Yuck. I dumped them. It was really sad. What a waste. That was a really sad donut experiment. In the future, I will make the donuts on a Friday night before I am having company on a Saturday. Then I can spend Saturday morning making the donuts, and then me and my company will eat the donuts when they are freshest and most delicious, and it will be a success! Everyone will probably rave about my amazing homemade donuts.

And that is the story about donuts. I hope it doesn't bother you that I don't spell it doughnuts. I know that's the real way but I don't like it. Hmm, actually, now that I see it, I do kind of like it that way, but I am not going to fix all the previous doughnuts so maybe next time I write about them I'll spell it right.

Comments

AprilJ said…
It's the same way with Krispy Kreme. They're horrible after about 24 hours. And it's your blog, you can spell donuts however you want.

Popular Posts