So, I might be old.

 Dudes, I am getting old. Beside the fact that I have eye wrinkles- really, universe, really?- I have this...uh...issue. That's right. The bane of all old people, I have...

A bum knee!

I know, I can't believe it either. I mean, I'm not the sportiest girl, as you well know. I don't think I've done anything remotely athletic my whole life. I did carry a drum in the marching band for approximately 8 years, but I don't think marching band has a reputation for being hard on the ol' knees. And yet, here I am, 28 (is that really so old?) and with a sore, achy knee. It is all sorts of ridiculous.

The bum knee kicks in after entire days spent walking around Disneyland. It hurts if I sit on a plane for a long time, or in a movie theater. It hurts at random times when I wear heels. And now it hurts when I go running (and by running, I really mean faster, bouncier-than-usual walking). So. I don't know what I will do about this. Maybe wrap it up tight and act like it's some kind of sports injury, so that if anyone asks I can pretend like it's from my incredible youthfulness and not, apparently, my oldness. Pretty sneaky, eh? I'll be all, oh, yeah, I hurt myself snowboarding in Aspen. Or oh, my knee? I landed wrong skydiving. Or, I was trying to go for the two-point conversion and I totally got tackled- brutal!

Yes, yes, I think this is the way to handle it. Now that that's decided, I really need to get back to the doilies I'm working on.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You could say it was from the figure skating you did when you were younger.
Adriane said…
I'm really proud of your football reference. It was even correct! I'm not sure its very believable though.
Filleman Family said…
If it makes you feel better, I came in from running the other night and my knee (which has been hurting every night) was really, really hurting last night. I was rubbing it and Mark reminded me that it was the knee I hurt two weeks ago . . . falling . . . really hard . . . in a store . . . OFF A POGO STICK!! uh, huh. It was pretty much awesomely embarrassing. feel free to use my story . . ha!
Filleman Family said…
p.s. - I've got some great stuff for those eye wrinkles :)
Erin said…
Ha! That is a funny story but maybe not one I want to use. Figure skating is a good one though. Totally believable and not embarrassing.

Popular Posts