Dangerous Situation

I was just reading this article on Yahoo about how there is a big huge jumbo-large and dangerous snowstorm heading towards the east coast. Or maybe it's already there. Who cares. Anyway, the article was talking about how grocery stores were crammed with people snatching up all the bread and milk. And that made me wonder what is is about an emergency (or not even an emergency as much as the likelihood of being snowed in) that makes the people clamor for bread and milk. Really? That's what you want to eat if you're snowed in? Because if I was going to be snowed in (I live in Tucson so the odds of this are not very good. Or maybe they are really good, because one time there was ice here and I saw police offers stationed around a frozen pothole so cars wouldn't drive on it and, presumably, spin out of control and kill everyone in the city. So if there is ever even a little bit of snow here, life as I know it will come to a complete standstill.) I am pretty sure bread and milk would not make the list of foodstuffs I want when I'm trapped in my house.

Things I'd want:

Peanut M&Ms
Candy
Cookies
Brownies
Chocolate
Pizza
Garlic bread (This is technically bread but it's sort of like saying a Harley and a Schwinn are both bikes.)
Pepsi
Kahlua
Biscuits in a can (This is bread in the same way that Cheez Wiz is cheese.)
Cheese
Coffee
Whipped cream (This is sort of like milk, only you can eat it or use it in your coffee.)
Ice cream
Cucumbers
Strawberries

I think that would about do it for me. No milk. No bread. Just delicious, delicious treats.

The article also said the shoppers were buying up all the shovels, but that makes sense. I have no arguments with the shovel-buyers.

Comments

GeleeneG said…
It's weird because the news actually reports that people buy milk and eggs, but they don't really. We've had two large snowstorms over the course of about 7 days and this is what people buy:
beer
beer
cookies
more beer
ice cream
carrots (not to eat, just for the snowman)

My shopping list was more like this:
peppers (for chili)
party mix
Diet Dr Pepper
brownie mix
eggs (for the brownies)
ice cream

Popular Posts