Wanna see my gems?

Here's my loot from the gem show. I'm well on my way to filling a bathtub with gems and lounging around in it. Is that weird? Yeah, kinda. Sorry about that.

These are called black star diopside. (Diosides?) I don't know anything about diopside, but it looks cool. i couldn't really capture it very well in the photo but when you look at it there is a star kind of...eh...reflecting? From the inside. I don't know how to explain it. You can google it, maybe.
 

This is apatite. I really liked the color- it's so bright and cheery. It's a soft stone so I'm not sure what I'll make with them- maybe a necklace or something.

 

This is my giant pink topaz. 8.22 carats, according to the package. I plan to make myself a ridiculous gaudy cocktail ring with it, because what is the point of having a fancy gem if you can't admire it as much as possible?

 

So, that's all. Not bad for $30 though. If I ever turn any of this into jewelry I'll let you know, because I'm sure you'll be waiting on the edge of your seats.

Comments

Popular Posts