Flashback to Last Weekend

Remember last weekend when I showed you all my new gems and told you I would post a picture if I turned any of it into jewelry? I certainly hope you remember, it was less than 7 days ago. Or maybe you don't pay that much attention to my blog. I guess that's alright, even though it hurts my feelings a little bit. Anyway, yesterday I turned my giant topaz into a ring. No, that's not right. I made a ring for my topaz. Really, the topaz is the star. I mean, it's basically really sparkly and huge, so it has to be the star. Whatever. Here is the ring:


Please ignore how my hands look all pink and swollen. I'm pretty sure they don't look like that in real life. In fact, I am looking at them right now, and they are basically just normal hands. So I'm not sure what's going on in that picture. But there you go, ridiculously large pink topaz ring. Here is a little secret- the stone is not actually set in the ring so much as it is sitting in the ring. I'm having a few ssues getting it to stay put. I probably need to buy more tools. Maybe some kind of a vise...

Gah, those hands are really grossing me out.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Woah, I was going to say you need a new hand model. Weird.
Adriane said…
That is beautiful.
bj said…
I think the ring is beautiful and the hand is perfect.
Filleman Family said…
That is really pretty. I'm super impressed.

Popular Posts