The Day The Snark Died

Yesterday I arrived home from work to find a letter from my homeowner's association waiting for me. The only reason they send letters is to passive-aggressively tell me that my weeds are out of compliance. They do this by calling their letters Friendly Reminders and saying things like "Silver Creek is a wonderful place to own a home or property", implying that I am RUINING the wonderfulness of it by daring to allow a WEED to sprout in their community, before launching into an assault on my Desert Broom. (Which, by the way, is NOT a weed. I Googled it. So take that, HOA.)

Anyway, I got the letter and was all set to launch into a lengthy, snarky (but humorous) tirade against them here on my blog. The post would have been called An Open Letter to My Homeowner's Association, and it would include biting wit and...other stuff. Yeah. Only I just couldn't come up with anything. I kept starting, then deleting, over and over, until I realized that maybe, just maybe, I'd lost my snark.

Sad day, friends, sad day indeed. Without snark I'm just a sad, angry girl. No one wants to read that. I don't know what I'll do about this blog until I find my snark again. I am not really one to be terribly open with my emotions, but if that's all I have left then I'm not above spewing those gory details all over the interwebs. I guess only time will tell if the snark is truly gone or if, perhaps, it has just taken a holiday and will be back just as soon as it has finished working on its tan.

Stay tuned...

Comments

Filleman Family said…
don't ruin my day by telling me this blog is on sabbatical!!
Erin said…
Goodness no, nothing like that!

Popular Posts