Wah wah waaaaaaaaah.

Dudes, I've got the Monday morning blues. It's lucky that my friend Dan gave me a harmonica for Christmas because it's just what I need to go along with the sulky attitude I'm sporting. I just gave myself a paper cut on that webby part of skin between my thumb and index finger and it never would have happened if I wasn't trying to be productive. The only redeeming quality about this day so far is that we now have a coffee maker in the office and I can drink all the coffee I want. So, that's one for the win column.

In unrelated "news" but being crammed into this post because I do what I want, I am composing a list of things I want to do before I turn 30. OK, I just made up that "before 30" part right this minute, but it's good because it gives me a deadline. If I was very clever with the blogging, I'd have my list on the sidebar, and if I ever actually accomplished anything on the list, I'd write a post about it, and then the sidebar list would be clickable and take you right to that post and it'd be so fancy! But I don't know how to do that. Maybe that should become a goal. Hmm. Anyway, here's what I've got so far, in no particular order:

1. Take tennis lessons.
2. Learn to sew.
3. Learn to crochet. Or knit.
4. Learn the difference between "crochet" and "knit".
5. Run a 5K.
6. Learn to make delicious coffee.
7. Make a topsy turvy cake.
8. Become rich.
9. Read all the books on Time Magazine's list of 100 all-time novels.
10. Go to Philadelphia. Learn much about Ben Franklin.

Ok, that's 10, that's good. I have approximately 1.5 years to accomplish this. Actually, not approximately, exactly. Today is my 1/2 birthday. I better get to work.

Oh, I have to add 2 more though:

11. Take dance lessons.
12. Learn to make a list on my blog sidebar with clickable links.

Alright, now I will get started.

Comments

Amy Filleman said…
Dude. What about Greece? Why isnt Greece on your list?
AprilJ said…
Uh, I know you probably won't believe this but I know how to make a topsy-turvy cake from my friend Kamdon... truth. I'm not saying I could do it but I know how it's done. I've seen it done, I should say. Live, and in person.
Erin said…
April- I read a whole website about how to make the topsy turvy cake and I think I can do it, I just don't have much of a need for one at the moment. That's what's holding me back. I can't just make myself a 3-tier cake. That'd be weird.

Popular Posts