Sometimes I do work.

I just want to put that out there, in case you think I spend all my time at work trying (usually failing) to come up with clever anecdotes to post on my blog, so that my 5-ish readers will be all, oh, that Erin, what a funny girl. Her blog is my fave. Love!

I mean, maybe you guys already think that, since at the very least I have been posting like mad this year so there's new material nearly every day, so even if it's marginally pointless and stupid, at least it's new and then you have killed 2 minutes of your time that you could have been scrubbing that gunk off the stove or washing your baseboards or typing up that report, or whatever it is that you people are supposed to be doing when you are instead reading my blog.

What was I saying?

 Oh, right, that I do work, and that today I have sent out a request for proposals, done some data entry, filed, summarized, and other important insurance stuff. I just wanted you all to know.

I need to come up with a way to make a bunch of money. Fast. And legally, I guess. So far this is my list:

-Answer questions for ChaCha. (They just lowered the rate from 3 cents a question to 2 cents a question, so if I do 50 questions, I'll earn $1. And if I do 200,000 questions, I'll earn $4,000. If it takes 15 seconds to do a question...it will take me just over 34 days to get the money, and that is if questions are back to back, and I work 24 hours a day, and never take more than 15 seconds to do a question. That may not be feasible.)

-Spend a lot of money on my credit card in order to earn a cash-back bonus.This plan has not been fully fleshed out so there may be some flaw in it that I'm overlooking. 

-Answer surveys online.

-Win the lottery (which requires buying a ticket which I have never done in my life).

So you can see that I am not very far along on my plan for world domination extra cash. Boo. If Warren Buffett would come through I wouldn't even have this issue. I wish real life was like Monopoly and there would be a bank error in my favor.

Dear US Mint/ Department of the Treasury/ Ben Bernanke: I really enjoy your product. If you want to send me some, I'd be more than happy to use it around town and write a report for my blog. Just putting it out there.

Comments

Filleman Family said…
You should do this new business with me - not to sound like a salesperson, which I guess now i inevitably do - it is a pretty great opportunity - and they have all the resources and support already there for you - spend ten minutes looking at the website - www.nsoverview.com - i just went to the launch in LA. On the right side of the screen there is additional video = even two from fox news talking about how fast this business is growing in a market that isn't so great right now :) happy internet browsing -
Filleman Family said…
Oh, and don't be bashing on your reader group by calling me out for wasting time here when I should be doing 10,000 other things - I just might protest and stop reading . . . yeah right - like that would EVER happen. I don't drink coffee, I rarely get really yummy treats, this is my one indulgence :)
Anonymous said…
Ooohhh..what do you need $4000 for? To pay off a gambling debt? To pay off a loan shark? To buy a new dishwasher?

Yeah, I should get back to typing that report...

Popular Posts