And now for the thrilling conclusion...

This morning on the way to work, my normal route was closed due to flooding or something. So I took an alternate route and on that route I passed a trailer that said it was the mobile printing museum. And on the side of that trailer was a picture of Ben Franklin. And I thought that seeing Ben Franklin on the side of a truck on my way to work had to be a good sign.

Cut to right now.

It's Friday night. It's 8:30. I'm in my sweats, in my bed, where I have been since I got home from work over three hours ago.

My friend is not coming down this weekend. As fate would have it, snow has blocked all roads out of Flagstaff and he is effectively stuck there. I know this because I read it on the internet and not because said friend alerted me that he wouldn't make it down after all. I shouldn't feel resentful about that, as I made it fairly clear in yesterday's post that I was uneasy at best with the planned visit, but still. Stood up! And with an entire blank weekend stretching endlessly in front of me. There was a time in my life where a seemingly endless weekend would be really exciting. These times are not those times. These are the times where unstructured time equals a gazillion seconds where my mind will have the opportunity to wander into dangerous self-pitying, reminiscing, woe-is-me territory.

Not good, is what I am saying.

So far tonight I have:
-Taken a nap
-Eaten a brownie with ice cream
-Attempted to make a paper crane. Failed. Gave up.
-Watched 'Say Yes To The Dress' and felt sorry for myself because I will never ever get married.
-Looked at personals on Craigslist to reassure myself that there are people out there who are more pathetic and desperate than me.
-Checked Facebook.
-Checked e-mail.
-Checked Facebook.
-Felt like a loser.
-Spent 25 minutes carefully composing a blog that will alert the internet to my unbelievable lameness.

Haha. That's funny, if you mean funny in an aw, I feel sad for you and your sorry attempt at a life, and not funny as in, haha, you're humorous, I'll be back for more of this awesomeness.

Now I really need to watch What Not To Wear and contemplate replacing everything in my wardrobe.

*I would just like to note that there does not seem to be a spell check on here. I am pretty sure there normally is but I can't find it, so who knows. So if stuff is spelled wrong, it's because I can't figure out how to spell check and I can only read my own writing so many times before I'm all, what utter crap! and delete it all. And how would I ever get rich then? Hmm?*

Comments

Filleman Family said…
You are ridiculous! SO many people would be lucky to have you. You just have to realize that you are deserving of much, much more than you think. I'm glad that guy didn't come down - that would have been weird. I was cringing for you.
Adriane said…
Shuut up. You will get married, you're not lame, and paper cranes are hard to make.
Amy Filleman said…
Can it! You have had way more relationships than me and many others! If there is someone in the family thats never getting hitched, pretty sure its me. Being in bed on a cold, rainy, Friday night is an excellent choice of activities. Plus, Say Yes To The Dress is depressing for all us single girls. Your "friend" was a total DB for not letting you know that he couldn't get out.

Popular Posts