A Public Service Announcement

Um.

I found myself with a little spare time this evening, so I was cruising around the internet. I came across a video on how to thread your leg hairs.

It just so happens that I am currently sporting leg hairs that are long enough to braid. (TMI? What?) The video said it would take 10 minutes to thread your lower leg. I thought to myself, "Self, you have 10 minutes. 20 minutes, even. You have all night. Let's give this a try." So I found some thread and I watched the video and I threaded my leg hairs.

The reason they call it threading is TO THROW YOU OFF TRACK!!! Do you know what is really going on here? You are RIPPING.OUT.YOUR.LEG.HAIRS.
ONE.AT.A.TIME.
WITH.A.PIECE.OF.THREAD!

Do you understand what this feels like?

Let me tell you.

It feels like PAIN!

DO NOT ATTEMPT! DO NOT ATTEMPT! DO NOT ATTEMPT!

Below is an artist's rendering of the leg threading experiment.


I beseech you not to try this.
For realz.

Comments

AprilJ said…
I had my eyebrows threaded once in AZ.. at my gym but some middle eastern ladies. IT HURT! It was kind of like the year I got this thing that ripped the hair out of your face/leg/armpit with these metal coils. As a matter of fact, it was a year we had Christmas in Flagstaff and I was in a hotel room w/Becky. Tried the darn thing out on Christmas night and screamed out loud. Put it away and there it stayed until I went to college a number of years later.. stick with the razor.
AprilJ said…
I finally remembered the name of the leg hair removal torture device.. the epilady. ouch.
Anonymous said…
Did you put the thread around your neck and rock back and forth?
Erin said…
Ha, I've actually heard of the epilady. have you seen the commercials for that new thing that is basically sandpaper? you just sand the hair right off! And yes, I did tie it around my neck. The rocking part is really the key, it wasn't working until I got that part down.
GeleeneG said…
Is that picture you? You look like you have Carol Brady hair.

I don't have anything relevant to contribute.

Popular Posts