Flashback Friday 11

So, this is a trick. There is no flashback here. But there kind of is, and let me explain why. Below are pictures of my new guest room. I finally almost finished putting it all together, thanks to finding the bed I've been imagining at an antique store in Phoenix for- wait for it- $66. That's right, $66 for a whole bed! And it's an antique bed, so this is sort of a flashback to a time when people slept on iron beds. Like maybe my bed came from an old-timey hospital. I saw one like it on Mad Men. Or maybe it's from an old-timey orphanage. Oh, or maybe a sanitarium! Yes, I like that one the best.


So here is my sanitarium bed and my so-cute wall flower art. Love.


Here is where my guests will write letters home and maybe work on their novels and things like that. The writing desk came from my grandparents- either my granddad built it or he found it at the dump. There's some confusion on that story. It really belongs to my sister, but I think after like 6 years of being abandoned, it's pretty much mine.



Here is a close-up of my lanterns. They're really for candles but I plan on finding some of those little tap light things and putting them in there. That way my guests will have light to write by. And in a moment of decorating genius, I think, my sister Adriane and I decided to hang them from those cute key hooks. Those were an impulse buy from Urban Outfitters and though I could see them in the room, I didn't know what for. Well, shazam! Holding the lanterns.

So that's about it so far. I'm still working on the art wall, but that will go in here when I've gathered all the parts. Now all I need is a guest.




Comments

GeleeneG said…
Those lamps look great on the key holder things. Also, maybe you should think about painting the desk. I think Granddaddy made that desk for Becky, but then she didn't need it or something? Anyway, I will reclaim it someday, along with my dresser that you're using. ;)
Amy Filleman said…
The room looks amazing and the key hooks are perfect! I'd love to be a guest in your guest room. Though I do not think that I will be writing letters home or a novel. But it would be fun if I did!

Popular Posts