A Story About Why I Am Not As Awesome As I Thought

You might remember a while back (before Thanksgiving) I mentioned wanting to learn to embroider. You might not remember, though, because you might have a life and I might have been rambling. In fact, I'm pretty sure I was rambling. But even though you might have forgotten about the embroidery, I did not.

While I was visiting my Gram she had me make a little drawing and then transferred it onto a cup towel for me to embroider. I finally got around to buying the rest of the supplies and so last week I sat down and whipped it out and was like, I have got this down! I am the world champion of embroidery! Between this and the silhouette thing, I am probably some kind of craft genuis! Heck yeah!

Here is my first project, Bird Towel.



Pretty cute, huh? I even put it through the wash, just to see if it'd hold up and it totally did. So, I win at embroidery.

As I went to put my new awesome towel in the drawer, I spotted one that my Gram made me for Christmas. Oh. Hmm. Perhaps I am not that awesome after all.



Please note how Gram makes approximately 9 million stitches to each one of mine. Hmm.  Please note how her stitches are nice and plump and even and mine are...not. So, maybe I don't win this time.

Too bad I already had big plans for my wicked new embroidery skills, and I made this peacock.


Oh, snap! Sparkles and beads! I win!*

*Please note I am not saying I beat Gram at embroidery. Clearly not. Gram wins at embroidery and many most other things. I just win, in general, in the whole wide universe of craftiness.

Comments

Amy Filleman said…
The peacock is awesome!! I will be expecting my own set of peacock dish towels shortly. Thanks.

Popular Posts